Interested in volunteering to help us elect environmental allies? Click here to sign up to learn more.
General Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020
Ballots were mailed to all active, registered voters and arrived in mailboxes on or before October 7th. If you didn’t receive a ballot, you can register to vote at the polls, and then cast your ballot
Still have your ballot in hand? Make sure your vote counts! SELECT your preferred candidates, put the ballot in the envelope provided, SEAL it, and SIGN it.
You can bring your ballot to your polling place, or vote in person at your polling location no later than 7pm on Election Day. If you have your ballot, please bring it with you.
Voting in person? Click on the following link and scroll down to find your town’s polling locations & hours: 2020 Polling Locations. Polls in Vermont open between 5 and 10 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. on Election Day.
You can also track your ballot at: https://mvp.vermont.gov/
Vermont Conservation Voters is working with diverse allies to educate Vermonters on how to vote this year, so as many voters as possible can easily and safely cast their ballot. Check out the video below from our partners at the Vermont Natural Resources Council for a demonstration of how to vote by mail.
Vermont Conservation Voters Endorsements
In election years, Vermont Conservation Voters (VCV) endorses pro-environment candidates, and works to help elect our endorsed candidates. As a non-partisan organization, VCV has a long history of endorsing candidates from across the political spectrum who share our environmental values.
Through its endorsements, VCV aims to educate voters across Vermont on candidates whose values and actions demonstrate a commitment to our vision and values, by advancing and defending policies that protect the environment and promote health while advancing civil rights; social, racial, and economic justice; and strengthening our democracy.
To inform our endorsement process, VCV closely tracks lawmakers’ actions at the State House, including key votes on environmental bills via our Environmental Scorecard and sponsorship of legislation that advances the Environmental Common Agenda of top legislative priorities, which VCV releases each legislative session in partnership with other advocacy organizations.
For new candidates, VCV requires candidates to respond to a questionnaire that provides context on a candidate’s environmental background and positions on a range of issues facing the state. For statewide candidates, Board and staff invite candidates for an in-depth, in-person interview.
The endorsements listed below were selected by the VCV Board of Directors in recognition of incumbent candidates with strong environmental records, as well as new candidates who submitted strong questionnaires demonstrating their support for climate action, clean water, racial justice, and other priorities.
Additional VCV endorsements will be rolling out in the coming weeks, so check back here to stay updated! And remember, to learn more about candidates in your local races, check out the Environmental Scorecard to see how incumbent legislators have voted on key issues.
We’ve listed candidates below alphabetically by legislative district. Not sure which Vermont legislative district you live in? Find it here.
- Governor: David Zuckerman
- Lt. Governor: Molly Gray – WON!
- Secretary of State: Jim Condos – WON!
- Treasurer: Beth Pearce – WON!
- Attorney General: TJ Donovan – WON!
- Auditor: Doug Hoffer – WON!
- Christopher Bray (Addison) – WON!
- Ruth Hardy (Addison) – WON!
- Brian Campion (Bennington) – WON!
- Dick Sears (Bennington) – WON!
- Jane Kitchel (Caledonia) – WON!
- Phil Baruth (Chittenden) – WON!
- Ginny Lyons (Chittenden) – WON!
- Christopher Pearson (Chittenden) – WON!
- Kesha Ram (Chittenden) – WON!
- Michael Sirotkin (Chittenden) – WON!
- Dick Mazza (Grand Isle) – WON!
- Mark MacDonald (Orange) – WON!
- Cheryl Hooker (Rutland) – WON!
- Michael Shank (Rutland)
- Anthony Pollina (Washington) – WON!
- Andrew Perchlik (Washington) – WON!
- Ann Cummings (Washington) – WON!
- Becca Balint (Windham) – WON!
- Jeanette White (Windham) – WON!
- Alison Clarkson (Winsdor) – WON!
- Dick McCormack (Windsor) – WON!
- Robin Scheu (Add-1) – WON!
- Amy Sheldon (Add-1) – WON!
- Peter Conlon (Add-2) – WON!
- Diane Lanpher (Add-3) – WON!
- Matt Birong (Add-3) – WON!
- Mari Cordes (Add-4) – WON!
- Caleb Elder (Add-4) – WON!
- Jubilee McGill (Add-5)
- Dane Whitman (Ben-2-1) – WON!
- Timothy Corcoran II (Ben-2-1) – WON!
- Jim Carroll (Ben-2-2)
- David Durfee (Ben-3) – WON!
- Seth Bongartz (Ben-4) – WON!
- Kathleen James (Ben-4) – WON!
- Chip Troiano (Cal-2) – WON!
- Scott Campbell (Cal-3) – WON!
- Brice Simon (Cal-3)
- Jim McCullough (Chi-2) – WON!
- Trevor Squirrell (Chi-3) – WON!
- George Till (Chi-3) – WON!
- Michael Yantachka (Chi-4-1) – WON!
- Bill Lippert (Chi-4-2) – WON!
- Kate Webb (Chi-5-1) – WON!
- Jessica Brumsted (Chi-5-2) – WON!
- Robert Hooper (Chi-6-1) – WON!
- Carol Ode (Chi-6-1) – WON!
- Emma Mulvaney-Stanak (Chi-6-2) – WON!
- Jill Krowinski (Chi-6-3) – WON!
- Curt McCormack (Chi-6-3) – WON!
- Brian Cina (Chi-6-4) – WON!
- Selene Colburn (Chi-6-4) – WON!
- Tiff Bluemle (Chi-6-5) – WON!
- Gabrielle Stebbins (Chi-6-5) – WON!
- Barbara Rachelson (Chi-6-6) – WON!
- Hal Colston (Chi-6-7) – WON!
- Taylor Small (Chi-6-7) – WON!
- Martin LaLonde (Chi-7-1) – WON!
- Ann Pugh (Chi-7-2) – WON!
- John Killacky (Chi-7-3) – WON!
- Maida Townsend (Chi-7-4) – WON!
- Marybeth Redmond (Chi-8-1) – WON!
- Tanya Vyhovsky (Chi-8-1) – WON!
- Karen Dolan (Chi-8-2) – WON!
- Lori Houghton (Chi-8-2) – WON!
- Alyssa Black (Chi-8-3) – WON!
- Seth Chase (Chi-9-1) – WON!
- Curt Taylor (Chi-9-1) – WON!
- Sarita Austin (Chi-9-2) – WON!
- Ember Quinn (Chi-10)
- Emily Hecker (Chi-10)
- David Glidden (Fra-3-1)
- Mike McCarthy (Fra-3-1) – WON!
- Nicholas Brosseau (Fra-4)
- Charen Fegard (Fra-5)
- Dennis Williams (Fra-7)
- Mitzi Johnson (GI-CHI)
- Andy Julow (GI-CHI)
- Jo Sabel Courtney (Lam-1)
- Daniel Noyes (Lam-2) – WON!
- Lucy Rogers (Lam-3) – WON!
- Avram Patt (Lam-Was) – WON!
- David Yacovone (Lam-Was) – WON!
- Carl Demrow (Ora-1)
- Kate MacLean (Ora-1)
- Sarah Copeland Hanzas (Ora-2) – WON!
- Jay Hooper (Ora-Was-Add) – WON!
- Katherine Sims (Orl-Cal) – WON!
- Robin Chesnut-Tangerman (Rut-Ben)
- Ken Fredette (Rut-2)
- Dave Potter (Rut-2)
- Barbara Noyes Pulling (Rut-4)
- Mary Howard (Rut-5-3) – WON!
- Stephanie Jerome (Rut-6) – WON!
- Logan Nicoll (Rut-Wdr-2) – WON!
- Denise MacMartin (Was-1)
- Robert Lehmert (Was-1)
- Peter Anthony (Was-3) – WON!
- Tommy Walz (Was-3) – WON!
- Mary Hooper (Was-4) – WON!
- Warren Kitzmiller (Was-4) – WON!
- Kimberly Jessup (Was-5) – WON!
- Janet Ancel (Was-6) – WON!
- Kari Dolan (Was-7) – WON!
- Maxine Grad (Was-7) – WON!
- Tom Stevens (Was-Chi) – WON!
- Theresa Wood (Was-Chi) – WON!
- Sara Coffey (Wdh-1) – WON!
- Emilie Kornheiser (Wdh-2-1) – WON!
- Mollie Burke (Wdh-2-2) – WON!
- Tristan Toleno (Wdh-2-3) – WON!
- Carolyn Partridge (Wdh-3) – WON!
- Mike Mrowicki (Wdh-4) – WON!
- Michelle Bos-Lun (Wdh-4) – WON!
- Emily Long (Wdh-5) – WON!
- John Gannon (Wdh-6) – WON!
- Thomas Bock (Wdr-3-1 – WON!
- Alice Emmons (Wdr-3-2) – WON!
- Kristi Morris (Wdr-3-2) – WON!
- Heather Suprenant (Wdr-4-1) – WON!
- Kevin “Coach” Christie (Wdr-4-2) – WON!
- Rebecca White (Wdr-4-2) – WON!
- John O’Brien (Wdr-Ora-1) – WON!
- Tim Briglin (Wdr-Ora-2) – WON!
- Jim Masland (Wdr-Ora-2) – WON!
- John Bartholomew (Wdr-1) – WON!
- Kirk White (Wdr-Rut) – WON!
Endorsements from Previous Years:
2018 VCV Statewide and Legislative Endorsements
2016 VCV Statewide and Legislative Endorsements
2014 VCV Legislative Endorsements
2012 VTLCV Legislative Endorsements
2010 VTLCV Legislative Endorsements
VOTING BY MAIL
Want to learn more about vote-by-mail? Check out a webinar VCV hosted with Oregon League of Conservation Voters: Voting in a Pandemic: How Vermont Can Ensure Fair and Accessible Elections in 2020. Vote-by-mail has been in place in Oregon for 20 years. We discussed lessons learned on how Vermont can put in place safe, fair and accessible elections in Vermont in 2020 and beyond.