Work with Us this Summer!
Position: Vermont Conservation Voters Electoral Intern
Status: Temporary Paid Internship
Supervisor: VCV Political Outreach Associate
Vermont Conservation Voters – a non-partisan, non-profit statewide environmental organization – is seeking a passionate and dedicated summer intern to work in Bennington County, Vermont to help elect pro-environment champions that will advocate for better protections for our environment and the health of our communities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Conduct direct voter outreach through canvassing, phone banking, and events.
- Collaborate with our elections team to organize and run community events.
- Build and maintain relationships with volunteers and assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Communicate VCV’s values and priorities, and build relationships with other local organizations.
- Input data from voter outreach using NGP VAN software.
- Interest in or awareness of environmental issues in Vermont.
- Demonstrated commitment to advocating on behalf of Vermont’s people, communities, and environment.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to successfully work as part of a team, and work well independently.
- Should be friendly and have ability to maintain professionalism when interacting with those with conflicting views.
- Must have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Experience with NGP VAN software preferred but not required.
- Comfortable being the public face of VCV in Bennington County.
- Have availability to travel, and work nights and weekends.
- Possess at least several of the following skills:
- Experience with event planning;
- Experience canvassing and/or phone banking;
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations; and/or
- Basic knowledge of VCV’s priority issue areas: climate action, clean water, toxic chemical reforms, healthy forests, and sustainable communities.
This is a paid part-time position running from approximately June 1st through August 14th, with the possibility of being extended for the right candidate and if resources allow. Applicants will ideally have experience working with an advocacy organization or political campaign.
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Shelden Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due March 27, 2020.
VCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.